pstein bb/a$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2011
Great job pstein. I really appreciate your efforts. You nailed it. I feel the same push that you mentioned when I use the BB/A$$ cue to swing.

I'm pretty certain that I am performing it correctly.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Eithier2release_zps7d232e42.gif

30iamns.gif

Yes..No?
e9vy8z.gif

rdbass, What are you asking here?? Is the kid doing the same thing?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I thought so. Isn't this the Either drill? You posted it.
Eithier2release_zps7d232e42.gif

I guess I didn't know about the Either drill... The kid is bypassing the initial bb/a$$... So I don't know that he would be releasing to get forward... The kid looks like he is doing the tall and fall drill... Both give you an unforced/reactive move out.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
In my opinion, nothing. I promised that I would post a clip. I don't advocate this mechanic at all.

Here's my second attempt:

The rear leg looking weird seems to be a function of my posture not being very good.

Thanks for posting. When you land on all five toes with the front foot, you stop hip action and do not come up on the back toes (as I say to the girls) pointing to china.
If you go out to touch touch and land on the big toe and edge of the foot, I tell the girls you can wave your pinky toes to the pitcher if you land right.
Then the hips work better and you get a better weight shift.

Thanks Pstein

SL

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
Here's another attempt. My posture is better, but the push is still very prevalent.

Also, the down through barrel path is disturbing.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Here's another attempt. My posture is better, but the push is still very prevalent.

Also, the down through barrel path is disturbing.

P, I will also give you credit for putting your swing up... I am having a hard time taking your swings serious... Can you share your high level swing with us ( barrel turning/rear leg )?

Are you still in high school? Did u play high school ball?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
I took a lot of swings tonight thinking only about Bb/a$$. My swing did feel very reactive. I felt like a tightly coiled spring ready to explode at go. At "go" my hip seemed to naturally release first making me feel like a good corner was created. My hands felt like they were being pulled through. Squared up almost everything.

Do any of those things I'm describing sound accurate from having this focus?

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I took a lot of swings tonight thinking only about Bb/a$$. My swing did feel very reactive. I felt like a tightly coiled spring ready to explode at go. At "go" my hip seemed to naturally release first making me feel like a good corner was created. My hands felt like they were being pulled through. Squared up almost everything.

Do any of those things I'm describing sound accurate from having this focus?

Spartans21, the goal behind the bb/a$$ queue is to put the swing and the load into sequence... Balanced pre-swing stretch (bb/a$$) should allow for balanced reactions.. This will allow you to sit off speed without the pause due to the balance stretch.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd