Proud Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
LOL – The best place to be, if you have crazy dad (CD) tendencies, is to be w/ the other CDs down the foul line furthest from DD’s dugout and coach. LF or RF lines work equally well – just depends which dugout she’s in. If you are civil and pleasant and don’t feel a need to second guess the coach, congratulations, you are a mature adult and can sit wherever you damn well please. Just don’t get too close to CD Land!
My CD Land Rules
1. The corollary to “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” that should be employed by us CDs who just have to be able to say something is to “say it where it can’t be overheard” by those not afflicted by CD symptoms.
2. Like Vegas, what is said in CD Land, stays in CD Land.
3. My wife isn’t allowed in my CD land. She finds her own area. Keeps us married.
4. Resist the urge to give DD’s coach unsolicited advice, even if you think it will save the world.
5. See Rule 4.
6. Circle the date and count down the days until travel ball re-starts!

Good luck to your DD. Enjoy the game, you'll be fine - CD symptoms usually take more than 1 game to develop.

GM

This was classic!!

My wife and I usually sit together, but when we have a difference of opinion, we know immediately to travel to text msg distance apart.

May 25, 2010
LOL ... everyone KNOWS the sideline you take is the same sideline as your dd's dugout ... and you're only allowed to stay between the dugout and home plate if your dd is pitching AND you're secretly calling pitches from the sidelines. Come on folks - this is basic information here!

Glad to see I'm not the only one guilty of sending secret signals. :eek:

Because the coach won't ever shift the defenders, I'll sometimes set up her defensive positioning. I also help her with scouting the opposing pitchers, but never talk to her during the games.

Yes, I'm a confessed crazy daddy. :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414