Practice criticism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
lessons absolutely make a difference, but what is said here is correct, they need to work on their own to reinforce the lesson.

one of the main reasons lessons work is that very often, what a player is doing and what they think/feel/"know" they are doing are vastly different. I know this is case with DD, but because I am Dad, of course I cannot possibly know. but her instructor tells her, it is gospel than ;)

Lessons don’t work. As uncdrew said, lessons with the right professional will help. Even then, they may not help if the kid just doesn’t have the willingness to learn.

However that is what so many people think. “Oh, our local college team’s pitcher is giving lessons and little Suzy is going for $40 per 30 minute session, three times a week.” But is that pitcher any good at coaching? Or is she just hanging out a shingle? Then her team mates start getting in on the action ... hitting lessons, fielding lessons, etc. Are they any good at coaching? Not saying they aren’t or that there isn’t value, but just doing it isn’t valuable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06