Practice balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 28, 2012
What are people using. The ones I have are now egg shaped. Looking for a good practice ball that will last.

Dec 11, 2010
We like Dudley Thunder synthetic cover.

Last quite awhile before the girls beat them out of round. They seem to hate hitting mushy balls too. One thing I have noticed is low seams equals junky ball.

After I win that 400 mil powerball we are practicing with leather Dream Seams all the time!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I will let you in on a little secret - find a tournament director of a sanction that provides game balls (like ASA qualifiers), and ask them if you can buy their used game balls after the tournament. We have bought buckets of them for $1 each.....

If that is not an option I would recommend the TRUMP balls. You can find them reasonably priced online and they last longer than most.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I will let you in on a little secret - find a tournament director of a sanction that provides game balls (like ASA qualifiers), and ask them if you can buy their used game balls after the tournament. We have bought buckets of them for $1 each.....

If that is not an option I would recommend the TRUMP balls. You can find them reasonably priced online and they last longer than most.

^^^^^^^^^ What he said. Also, try your local Little League....They typically buy a dozen or new balls for each team every year. Over time the league can accumulate bins and bins of used balls. Offer a $20 donation to the league for a couple buckets full.

May 9, 2013
What are people using. The ones I have are now egg shaped. Looking for a good practice ball that will last.

Poly Core is the most important to me as they normally keep their shape better than cork. Synthetic covers should last longer but obviously the leather feels much better. We use some of the Rawlings NFHS balls with the poly core. Some people seem to like the value ball listed below but I haven't used it.

Softball Sales 12" Yellow Leather Practice Softball | Softball.com

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
We use Dudley Thunderheat and Rawlings NFHS whichever is on sale at the time we need them. Before, I would buy a new dozen of Worth Dream Seams each year as DD used to pitch, I would give her a new ball every month to practice with and replace the hitting balls one at a time. Now I will probably just stick with the Dudleys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01