Power Carbons ARE HERE!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
DD used an ASA Ghost last year. Previously she had used a Xeno. I felt that by early last fall (used for school and summer ball) the Ghost had started to give up some of its pop. Now, early on the thing was an absolute beast. I started shopping a bit to replace the Ghost and wanted something dual stamped since my DD moved to a USSSA affiliated team for this season. Based on Core's posts and the feedback from others, I went with a PC2. We also moved to a drop 9 rather than a drop 10 on this bat.

DDs first reaction was that the PC had a lighter swing feel even at -9 than her Ghost did at -10. As far as pop, this competes with the new Ghost and is better (opinion only) than the Ghost at 9 months. DD likes the lighter swing feel and I think she is getting better mishits off the handle than she did with the Ghost. Sweet spot seems large which was something I didn't think about the Ghost.

If I had known at the time that the Ghost was going to be dual stamped, I probably would have waited it out. As it turns out, I'm glad I didn't. DD loves the Mizuno. I love Core's prices. It's a win-win for us. Hope this helps.
That's why i'm a little worried about going from a 32/22 Ghost to a 32/21 PC

May 12, 2016
Actually looking at the Actual Weight DB, I am not seeing much difference in weight at the 32 bat length, so my DD should be ok with a 11 drop. :)

Ghost 32/22 ASA (2018)..........AW 22.3 - 22.9 oz
Ghost 32/22 USSSA (2018)......AW 22.8 oz

F19-PWR CRBN 32/22 (2019)......AW 22.6 - 22.8 oz

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Little unscientific side note - while doing a little soft toss yesterday to my DD's, a friend and school teammate joined us and took a few cuts. The new PC (33/24) was clearly out hitting our old Easton Mako (33/23) which we still keep in the bag, so no surprise there. So I was curious when the other girl started hitting with her Rawlings Quattro Pro (33/23), after 20 or so warm up cuts I had her try the PC. She took at least a dozen or so cuts and each one was hit harder and further than with the Quattro Pro. She went back to her old bat and the difference was obvious. Now of course our PC is an ounce heavier (per sticker) and at least 6 months newer (but probably getting close as far as the number of hits) but still... The girls said "I really like the way the ball comes off".

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
TXHeat, please don't use my name on Posts...because you are wrong because most manufacturers bats are
heavier than listed. Most bats are .5- to an ounce over. Only Mizuno and Demar are pretty darn close and even a PC
can fluctuate. You can pretty much compare a drop 10 ghost to any LS and be close. Pretty sad if you really believe they are making bats heavier considering I have seen Ghosts range from as little as .3 over to an ounce over or so.

Again, please don't post what I think or like we have talked.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Like I just said that depends... heavier bat only has more pop if you can maintain your bat speed. And Xeno's are heavier than Ghosts, so why are Xeno users switching and saying the Ghost has more pop? I think it's more to it than simply the heavy bat wins.

Exactly, and my point will always be that...If you can swing a heavier bat without giving up bat speed, obviously the heavier
bat will provide more drive for that person. And I see the opposite a lot...a girl picks up a heavier bat and does much worse.

Mar 28, 2014
TXHeat, please don't use my name on Posts...because you are wrong because most manufacturers bats are
heavier than listed. Most bats are .5- to an ounce over. Only Mizuno and Demar are pretty darn close and even a PC
can fluctuate. You can pretty much compare a drop 10 ghost to any LS and be close. Pretty sad if you really believe they are making bats heavier considering I have seen Ghosts range from as little as .3 over to an ounce over or so.

Again, please don't post what I think or like we have talked.
Wow, relax Todd. You're out of line here.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I am not, when saying I said something I haven't, I can surely ask you to please not include my name to
try and back your point up or make it look like I made a false statement. Especially when you are claiming
something like that.

I will say, it probably came off more harsh in writing than it was meant to

Jul 14, 2018
DD was swinging a 32/22 ghost.. we just ordered a 32/21 PC. I am a little worried, but I always felt the Ghost was too heavy for her

No worries! DD has all but abandoned her 32/22 USSSA Ghost for a Carbon2. I'm sure the PowerCarbon is even better. She smoked a few balls this weekend and the ump picked up her bat to take a look at it -- the Mizunos are still a rarity. With the Carbon2 being discontinued, her bat is like a unicorn.

May 12, 2016
No worries! DD has all but abandoned her 32/22 USSSA Ghost for a Carbon2. I'm sure the PowerCarbon is even better. She smoked a few balls this weekend and the ump picked up her bat to take a look at it -- the Mizunos are still a rarity. With the Carbon2 being discontinued, her bat is like a unicorn.
Wish I had the money to pick up a Carbon 1 as well... I have always been a big fan of the one piece bat... and when my DD's begin playing ball they both used one piece.. Old Worth Legit Lite and the purple Miken Halo Lite. They were both really good bats for my DD's, the Halo Lite killed your hands, but my god that thing had so much pop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles