Post your best resources for hitting instruction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2011
Punxsutawney, PA
What have you found that has lead to improvement in your player or your coaching?

Here is what I have found so far:

1. Any of Cindy Bristow's hitting eClinics. They are very well done, very informative, and she keeps my interest.
Softball Excellence

2. Chris O'Leary.com. Just a wealth of information on his site and in his video. He is definitely a student of the game and his strength is breaking down and analyzing exactly what the best hitters are doing in their swing. However, the length and detail does tend to get boring, and he certainly isn't afraid to condemn other hitting instructors.
Rotational Hitting 101

3. Mike Epstein Rotational Hitting. Probably the most well known name in instruction. Some of his advice has been disproven by O'Leary's advice, but a good base to start quality hitting instruction.
Hitting - Rotational Hitting - Mike Epstein Rotational Hitting

4. Baseball Think Tank.com. Most of the above information is broken down into short youtube video instruction. Great for coaches looking to get started in expanding their knowledge of hitting.
BaseballThinkTank.com - YouTube

5. Winning State - Baseball. For what it's worth, a mental toughness guide to the game. The author was a pro weight lifter and assistant wrestling coach, but the book details mental toughness to compete as athletes. Some good points worth the read.
WinningSTATE-Baseball

6. If you have the chance to attend any Coaches Clinics, they always payed off. Gerry Mauro from GMSports.com was an excellent speaker.
PA Baseball & Softball Coaches Clinic | Helping Coaches Gain an Edge Since 1987

Jan 24, 2011
This could end up being a really good topic. There are tons of resources out there. It will be interesting to see which ones folks have had the best results with.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This site is out and out the best source for me and has produced the best results. From this site I have found other sources, web sites and blogs which has given me even better results.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Howard Carrier

I like the right view pro instructional tape. Cant comment on bustos's dvd's have not seen them.
I have learned things from Mark H and SSarge and a few on Steve Englishbey's site, This site, Boardmember, Swingbuilder, Lclifton, Mudvine on Baseball Debate, Even Teacherman...
Many others and books

The biggest part is from HC, it helps I only live 40 min. from him, and I am his resident carpenter :D

Straightleg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Got Bustos DVD'S are by far the best videos Ive ever seen. She is a Howard Carrier student. Pricy at $125 for three discs...but worth it

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
straightleg,
I also give you and your DD a Big thumbs up for your videos. Thanks for putting them out there for others to learn. There good to get a new/young hitter started.

Feb 14, 2010
You lost me at O'Leary.

This site got my DD and I started on the journey of creating a HLSBS. I've been to many hitting seminars, including don slaught,Howard carrier,Bustos and even Pat Murphy. Learned things from all of them. Tim Walton is the next one I want to hear speak.

FFS,Swingbuilder,Tewks, LClifton andTeacherman have probably taught me the most. But the most important thing to do is watch video and swing to duplicate what you are seeing and hopefully it will create the proper feel. You will KNOW when it's right.

I've built my daughters swing from all the advice I've received from those mentioned above and some of my personal experiences on this journey. I'm only speaking a dad whose been through it and still going through with some incredible results so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06