Portable backyard lighting for pitching practice.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
Basically I have a backyard that is probably 40 ft by 70 ft roughly.

I have a one floor home but the middle peek if I had to guess is atleast 20ft probably more off the ground. So I could probably mount some lighting up there.

Was wondering what type of lights could work best.

May 17, 2012
We have some cheap outdoor halogen lights that are positioned just behind and to the side of both the pitcher and the catcher. I have them on extension cords and put them away after we are done. That works well for us.

This may be what I need to look at!

May 13, 2012
not to long ago I replaced my floods on the corners above the basement man door. They do a great job of lighting the basement end and for now I can see.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
I went to Sears and purchased halogen shop lights that came on a stand. Cost me $60 and you just run an extension cord. When my DD started throwing harder, I had to add a second one. There are two lights on each stand and they can be adjusted to all different heights and angles. Took me a couple practices to get it right, but I have better lighting than some of the older fields we have played on. Just make sure you don't point them directly into your neighbors windows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207