Pop Quiz

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW
Asking the guys smart on the rules because I don't know the answer. I have an idea, but I've been wrong from time to time, so here goes...

Two outs, runner on third. Coach calls a suicide squeeze. Runner goes on pitch. Bunt is fair. Runner reaches home plate safely. Batter gets out at first. Does the run count?

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW
Thanks for the replies, guys. I"m just amazed by the guys I run into who are convinced the run scores in this situation and often use it in their play calling.

Jan 27, 2019
A force play is a play in which a runner (or two or three) loses the right to occupy a base and is forced to advance because the batter becomes a batter/runner

The batter/runner is not considered to be in a force play but causes the force on any player who occupies first, first and second, or first, second and third bases at the time of the pitch in which the batter becomes the batter/runner

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A force play is a play in which a runner (or two or three) loses the right to occupy a base and is forced to advance because the batter becomes a batter/runner

The batter/runner is not considered to be in a force play but causes the force on any player who occupies first, first and second, or first, second and third bases at the time of the pitch in which the batter becomes the batter/runner

Hmmm...Okay. Good to know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06