Pony League Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Yea, the girls are bigger, stronger, faster, throw harder, hit harder, play harder and look like giants! But don't worry about them, just tell your DD to do her best to compete on their level and the new girls eventually will see her the same....:cool:

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Depending on your DDs age and level of play, the pitching distances may be different. If she is moving to 14U PONY from 12U LL, the distance will be 43 feet in PONY, whereas in LL at 14U, the distance is 40 feet.

Oct 18, 2009
LL only recently (last year I believe) adopted the "leave on release" and "drop 3K". If your LL hasn't adopted it yet that would be a difference.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Rules regarding how many innings your pitcher
can throw in any given week was a rule when
I was associated with LL. LL requires a mandatory
# of calendar days rest that varies depending on age.

WE switched from LL as there were not enough local
towns involved with LL softball. LL is geared toward the boys
and softball was always regarded at the district level as
the classic 'redheaded step child. We were driving 20-60
miles to play rec ball at the 10U age as LL did not allow us
to play other sanctioning bodies who were 5-10 minutes away

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Southerngirls,

When I was young (long ago) I played LL baseball. It was up to 12YO. At 13 you moved up to Pony. I thought you were talking about moving up, but judgeing from other posts, it looks like Pony is a different organization. Sorry for my earlier post, I did not mean to slam LL as an infearior organization... :eek:

Mar 23, 2010
Thanks for all the posts. We are having to move from LL to Pony because there is no competition in the LL program in our area. We enjoyed LL. DD is a 12U pitcher that was quickly picked up by one of the Pony teams. Looking forward to a great season!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi