Please Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Dena Tyson-Slye posted these words Herself. This is Dena's swing in the 1st GIF below. It's my favorite swing in ALL girls softball.

Of course my father (Marty Tyson) has been my hitting instructor my whole life... And I use to drop my hands a lot in highschool so he kept me doing a lot of high tee and high toss. A huge thing I attribute my success to is in 2007 addition, slot/connection and bat lag really hit the scene and I worked very hard on that and was able to master keeping my hands inside the ball.
2ymwruq.gif

2rc6e11.gif

Apr 2, 2013
Ok we've been working on a few things. Here are a couple off the tee to take a look at:

[video=youtube_share;FKT0-Dk0b2M]http://youtu.be/FKT0-Dk0b2M[/video]

Please excuse our batting room basement LOL!

Apr 2, 2013
That has been the hardest part so far I think. Seems she is going at the same time or maybe even hands leading some?? Does it seem like she is turning the barrel better?

May 4, 2012
That has been the hardest part so far I think. Seems she is going at the same time or maybe even hands leading some?? Does it seem like she is turning the barrel better?

Have you ever investigated the bb/a$$ thread on another forum? If done properly, imho, it gets the hands where they need to be at the right time - without having to really think about it. Another thing I have found useful is "going big" when first learning how to get the hands in the right place at the right time - try to imitate David Ortiz and have her drop the hands as she is picking up her front foot/the front hip is cocking inward (or the a$$ is being turned toward the pitcher), then the hands will instinctively have to work up as she is coiling forward. Later on, you can quiet this range of motion down to fit her style after she "gets it".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves