Please Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 20, 2010
What bugs me most, and it REALLY BUGS ME, is a coach who doesn't understand what he/she sees, so he/she assumes it is wrong. Well, talk about arrogance! Talk about ignorance! If you're always looking for new information (i.e., if you're always curious), you'd know what this action is for! You'd know that it isn't necessarily wrong.

I've worked with "M" for almost two years now and this action has been the best thing for her! This assistant coach has seen her swing a bat only a few times and wants to jump in and correct what she doesn't understand.

Ding, ding, ding !!!

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
That's what I heard and read it called. I like it 'Tip and Rip it'.
Braun_teetogame.gif

We should turn this assistant coach I've referred to loose on this guy to correct him. You know.... "Stop flopping that barrel forward! You'll be late." ROFLMAO

Jun 26, 2010
We should turn this assistant coach I've referred to loose on this guy to correct him. You know.... "Stop flopping that barrel forward! You'll be late." ROFLMAO

There is a new assistant coach on DD's travel team who keeps telling her to stop torquing because she won't hit the ball. I asked what is he talking about? She showed me and it's tipping the barrel and her back elbow moves back as if to pop someone in the chest. I had the opportunity to take her to a hitting coach and he said there was nothing wrong with her swing. The problem I have is she lets him get in her head and that messes her up. And then the other coaches get involved. I'm thankful high school starts in couple weeks.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
There is a new assistant coach on DD's travel team who keeps telling her to stop torquing because she won't hit the ball. I asked what is he talking about? She showed me and it's tipping the barrel and her back elbow moves back as if to pop someone in the chest. I had the opportunity to take her to a hitting coach and he said there was nothing wrong with her swing. The problem I have is she lets him get in her head and that messes her up. And then the other coaches get involved. I'm thankful high school starts in couple weeks.

I like to have my DD move her rear elbow in such a way as to 'poke' someone behind her not stand beside her.

Sep 17, 2009

This is really really excellent compare and contrast. TKS.

One of the things I've seen lately as our girls -- now playing high level 18U -- have seen better pitching is that any girl with leveling to find the pitch approach usually doesn't *start* until they see the pitch. With good velocity, that late start and long leveling process will have such a hitter be consistently late.

Better: get a running start via lower body running start and active hands barrel turn that starts early and can find the pitch OR be stopped late in the read.

Just one more reason why being ok with bad mechanics early in a girls' career because the "results" are good will kill them later on.

Jun 26, 2010
I like to have my DD move her rear elbow in such a way as to 'poke' someone behind her not stand beside her.

Thank you...that is what I meant to write. Both my DD's learned to swing a bat from the great information on this board.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors