Playing in Colorado

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
My DD's team is playing in the Boulder IDT in a couple weeks. With her being a pitcher, any tips on getting her ready to play in the altitude? I can imagine her stamina will suffer a little bit. We are going out a few days early to have some family vacation time so hopefully she can adjust a little before she plays.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
you could get one of those masks that restricts oxygen inflow. Training mask They aren't that expensive. When we were there it wan't that bad for DD. As an X-smoker (18 years ) I'd find myself taking a few deep breaths from time to time. Sort of like my body would suddenly realize it was a bit short of oxygen. Good luck.

May 20, 2016
Few days early will do it. Lived in Boulder for a few years and came from sea level. All friends and family that came out to visit would be adjusted in two days or so.

Aug 24, 2011
Not a ton you can do but altitude is real that's for sure. I like how some people like to think it's all mental.

Getting in early will help. As the poster above said, hydration is even more important than usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55