Youth teams in Japan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2023
Due to certain obligations, my family will be moving to Japan for a few years. Being that my daughter seeks to continue playing softball, is there any direction someone could point me in when it comes to finding a place to play in Japan? We have looked at a few options but right now being that she is moving up into middle school, the local middle school does not have a team (only the high school). I would like to not have to put her in rec, as her skill level is a bit above that level, and would like to seek out something more challenging for her than playing only 3 months out of the year. Any advice is helpful.

Jun 22, 2023
What city? Use google maps and look for fields near you. That's all I got. :unsure:
Yokosuka. I’m more or less trying to find someone with some experience over there…I’ve searched the internet and FB pages and such…just looking for first hand experience

Jun 8, 2016
I think a lot of the youth sports in Japan revolve around the schools. Or that is how it was 20+ years ago when my DW taught English there.

Jun 22, 2023
I think a lot of the youth sports in Japan revolve around the schools. Or that is how it was 20+ years ago when my DW taught English there.
She will be attending middle school on the military base. So I’m hoping to find something outside of that, but unfortunately only the military high school offers softball, not the middle school.

Jun 22, 2023
Is she good enough to play on the HS team? Is that allowed?
That is what I am wonder. At the very least if she could practice with them. St least she would be able to learn some things. She is a very good ball player, and like any 10/12U still needs some development in some areas

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles