Playing Against Big players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
One of the best players on my DDs 10u team is the smallest. Not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

I love that. I get that teams have to play the odds but it makes me happy when one of our 2 really tiny girls comes up to bat and they call all the outfielders in. They both have pretty good power and really fast hands. They usually bat in the 1 and 2 positions, you'd think the coaches would think about that. It is pretty funny when they really get a hold of one, because they're also both lightning fast.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I love that. I get that teams have to play the odds but it makes me happy when one of our 2 really tiny girls comes up to bat and they call all the outfielders in. They both have pretty good power and really fast hands. They usually bat in the 1 and 2 positions, you'd think the coaches would think about that. It is pretty funny when they really get a hold of one, because they're also both lightning fast.

There is a reason they are batting 1st or 2nd, not being able to hit is probly not one of the reasons. :)

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Yes, but I went up to the state and had a non driver- drivers license made. I did get one coach though, he asked for proof of my DD age, I proved it! and he had a little, little daughter that was obviously well young enough(and they all had names on jerseys, so was easy to match up). I asked if he had proof of his daughters age :)nope- she was then told she couldn't play.... I pulled the request and we played. Coach was very quiet :)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
One of our players was called out a couple years ago, HC called leaque and they emailed them her birth certificate. I know DD will not be called out, she weighs less then 100Lbs in 18U now.

Little things like this is why we like her leaque.

Team we played against got caught cheating, they are still recovering. I know I do not have a good opinion of them.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
DD got her HS uniform this week. She has the extra small pants and they're still a bit too long. If the number on her jersey tucks inside her pants, she'll end up being #1/2 since her number is 1.

I told her she needed to get #7 so I wouldn't have to change my DFP profile name.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lol, DD has been given permission to wear her own pants. Team's pants might show more then you would like. Harder battle then I would have thought.

Aug 23, 2016
So you get to hear the snide birth certificate comments then. Did she drive herself to the tournament, etc etc. Right now my DD is tall for her age but looks 10. I imagine this time next year I'll have to hear those comments if she keeps going in her current direction. So I try not to make them myself. We had one this weekend though. She truly looked at least 16 playing 10U. Not just tall but developed. Crazy how much it varies. A lot of the 10U girls we play against look older than my almost-13 year old DD who is very average sized.

My DD gets those comments. She doesn't turn 9 until July but she's already 4'10" and 82 lbs. Some of the things that adults have said within earshot are infuriating. She's not a cheater, she's not picking on the little kids, she just happens to be tall.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We are a bunch of idiots, sorry she has to go threw this.

You will never hear it or any negative comments come out of my mouth, if I hear it I stop it but damage is done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00