pitching mat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
I use a rubber backed indoor/outdoor carpet runner cut to length from Home Depot. Also, Duck taped the pitchers mound rubber from a practice base set I use for team practice. Works well.

I bet the duck didn't like it too much... :D;)

Aug 19, 2011
I bet the duck didn't like it too much... :D;)

Duct tape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used to think that "duck tape" was just lazy pronunciation, but saw some blurb about it on the military channel -- or maybe it was Mythbusters -- a while back. According to this account, the tape was developed first not for sealing duct work, but for the military in WWII, where it was nicknamed for its water resistance and use on duck boats, among other things.

To veer back on topic, in our basement I put down an area of interlocking foam tile from Lowe's, which gets used for pitching as well as hitting and general exercise. I have the power line and stride mark taped, and just lay a pitching rubber down and move it when not in use. It's grippy, the foam tile is grippy and the rubber doesn't move. I think the foam is a good surface -- absorbs some shock, wears well, is fairly cheap, and has grip when your weight is down but not much friction when it isn't so it doesn't pull on the drag foot.

May 11, 2009
Same as some others. We use a rubber backed IO carpet and used Liquid Nails to glue a rubber onto it. Works good for about a year then needs replaced depending on how hard the pitchers drag.

Nov 11, 2009
If your dd is in high school have her talk to AD. I have been looking to make or buy one for some time. Though my dd is the starting pitcher and would have some perks....she talked to AD and low and behold..the school has 6 mats. He let her take one to use off season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12