pitching mat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
Yep. I purchased a strip of indoor/outdoor carpet when my daughter was pitching on gym floors. Total was around $10.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I use a rubber backed indoor/outdoor carpet runner cut to length from Home Depot. Also, Duck taped the pitchers mound rubber from a practice base set I use for team practice. Works well.

Dec 22, 2010
Good thread! I'm going to make one as well. Has anyone used the "grass" indoor/outdoor carpet with an anti-slip material glued to the underside? I plan on buying a cheap pitcher's rubber and attaching it as well.

Jan 25, 2011
Oregon
We have a 4' x 8' stall mat, it is 3/4" thick and very heavy. The weight keeps it from sliding along the floor. I used wood screws and piece of wood I had laying around as a rubber. Duct tape for a power line.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Rhodyman: I tried it but it was with a cheap remnant. Worked great for about a week. Then the grass fibers started pulling out from the back foot drag. DW bitched about haing to sweep it every day then it became my job...LOL Got rid of it shortly after needless to say :)

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks YC. I spoke with my DD's pc last week about making one. She said that the indoor facility she works out of ordered new mats and may give me one of their old ones. I'll be happy with that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad