Pitching mat idea for sore knee?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Oregon
12 yo DD is going through a growth spurt and our indoor mat (3/4" stall mat from a farm store) bothers her stride knee sometimes. She has no issues on dirt. The floor underneath is concrete so I think it is still a pretty hard surface to land on. I'm wondering if attaching IO carpet to the mat would help a bit.

I'm hoping to figure something out by winter. Any ideas?

Thanks

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
My DD has been dealing with Knee pain for a few months now. It was originally thought to be a slight tear in the meniscus. Turns out it is strained IT band syndrome. I never heard of it before. It is very common in runners. There are a few exercizes you can do to help. You should google it and see if they don't help. Don't just assume growth spurt. May want to consider MRI. The only way to rule other stuff out.

Jul 17, 2012
12 yo DD is going through a growth spurt and our indoor mat (3/4" stall mat from a farm store) bothers her stride knee sometimes. She has no issues on dirt. The floor underneath is concrete so I think it is still a pretty hard surface to land on. I'm wondering if attaching IO carpet to the mat would help a bit.

I'm hoping to figure something out by winter. Any ideas?

Thanks

I glued Gym floor padding to the basement floor, then glued outdoor carpet to that, mounted a pitching plate with concrete screws and painted a power line. Home improvement stores have the gym flooring. Comes in 2'x 2' interlocking pieces.

IMG_20130112_191419.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish