Pitching Mask suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
I'm looking for a new pitching mask for my daughter playing 10U. The mask she has been using is light weight, but made of a thick hard plastic material which is cumbersome. Although it was a youth size, it seems to be too big for her with the middle bar floating over her eyes at times.

Any suggestions for a new pitching mask?

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2014
My pitcher likes the Rip-It face masks...not as light as some of the plastic ones but it has very good visibility.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We tried a few different makes and have settled on a rip-it too. Hers is a metal one and is not as light as some of the others but I have not heard her complain.

DD is fairly small and it fits her OK.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Rip-it was the only one that my DD could stand to wear (and she is primarily a catcher so you would think she could put up a lot). I have also hear good things about Schutt. But stay away from Boombah - they are very colorful but fall apart...

Nov 30, 2013
My DD used a Rip-it her first 3 years but last year switched to a titanium Schutt.The titanium Schutt is the only way to go as far as she is concerned.

Jun 18, 2010
My DD used a Rip-it her first 3 years but last year switched to a titanium Schutt.The titanium Schutt is the only way to go as far as she is concerned.

Same here. Had the rip-it for several years, and switched to the Schutt Titanium a few weeks ago. The Schutt Titanium is lighter than the Rip-it, and the chin cup is more comfortable, and seems like a better design. DD just turned 16, so not sure how the fit would be for your 10U. We were lucky, Schutt had a display at a tournament so DD was able to try it for fit and comfort.

Aug 30, 2014
Schutt has both a youth and adult fielding mask so you should be able to find one that fits. And it costs more because titanium is inherently more expensive than aluminum or steel.

Jan 3, 2014
She rarely wears it, but mine likes the Schutt Titanium. I don't see many of them though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619