Pitching machine ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
What kind do you have, are you happy with it or wish you would have got a different one. Which one would you consider best bang for your buck.

Feb 7, 2014
I bought the typical one wheel Jugs about a decade ago. It wasn't cheap, but my DD and teammates saw more pitches than most and probably helped in furthering their development.

Also pretty handy for every other kind of drill you can think of. I dusted it off the other day, filled the tire with air - works great!

Oct 26, 2019
If it’s for a team it’s hard to beat the hack attack. I prefer a multi wheel machine because they are more versatile. They shoot better flyballs and ground balls IMO than one wheel machines.

Bang for the buck - the jugs lite flite machine for home use is awesome and with a 20% ducks coupon (or used) is very affordable. The downside is you have to use the lite flite balls, but the machine is light, portable, and very reliable. Bonus points for it not blowing up your hands if you get jammed or hit it off the end.

May 13, 2021
The Hack Attack is great for hitting, but the Jugs Super Softball is the jack of all trades, master of none.
The jugs super softball looks like a great machine, and I am sure all you would ever need for the home. I would have to move this a couple hundred feet from my shed to batting cage each time I used it.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Lite flight machine throws rise balls.
Just used a Jugs machine with low seamed Trump balls. Never had done it before. They are more accurate than the dimple balls.
Using Jugs for flyballs is effient. You can really fire a lot of balls in little time but there is a ton of backspin on the ball and is hard to keep in the glove.

Oct 26, 2019
Lite flight machine throws rise balls.
Just used a Jugs machine with low seamed Trump balls. Never had done it before. They are more accurate than the dimple balls.
Using Jugs for flyballs is effient. You can really fire a lot of balls in little time but there is a ton of backspin on the ball and is hard to keep in the glove.
This is why I prefer the two wheeled machines. Any one wheel machine is going to throw pure backspin. The two wheeled machines throw much better groundballs and flyballs and are more versatile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06