Pitching Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2014
Been searching for a PC that teaches I/R. Interesting, my daughters hitting coach asked around at his facility and they said they don't teach that as it is the "incorrect way to throw" I will be down there today and I am dying to find out their explanation :) What push back do you all normally hear?

Jun 24, 2013
It is going to cause arm injuries.

If the PC is an ex-pitcher you might be able to find a video of them pitching on the internet with what this board calls IR. They will tell you that they were not throwing a FB.

It is not an argument worth having.

A non-IR PC should be teaching a lot about the pitcher’s body and feet and how it should be during the pitching motion. Depending on the age of your pitcher I would not discount a HE instructor out of hand while you continue your search to someone you are more comfortable with.

May 23, 2014
Interesting. I also wonder how they would justify the fact that it appears most high level pitchers I/R. To your point James, no reason to argue with someones philosophy, wont get me anywhere.

Jun 24, 2013
Another thing, IMO, if you are going to a facility with multiple PCs they are going to teach and defend what the head PC tells them to. Even if they believe in IR they will defend and teach HE if the head pitching coach tells them that is the way to teach pitching. Not that they necessarily agree.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Been searching for a PC that teaches I/R. Interesting, my daughters hitting coach asked around at his facility and they said they don't teach that as it is the "incorrect way to throw" I will be down there today and I am dying to find out their explanation :) What push back do you all normally hear?

Oh... when you ask.... I'm sure they will huff-n-puff and strut and such with all kinds of explanations. The bottom line is that if they've really said that it (I/R) is the "incorrect" way to throw, what does it matter what their push-back is? It will be horse manure.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I always get a kick out of those who so quickly invoke the ole "It's the incorrect way to...." as a form of credential. I've concluded that there are very few true experts out there when compared to those who claim to be..

May 29, 2013
If you really want to, bring a tablet along with model pitching thread and ask them why none of them pitch like that. Why bother though? It's an exercise in futility. The only time you need to be concerned is when someone is trying to "fix" your dd's mechanics.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I agree with Stand an -- It will likely be an exercise in futility.
I also agree with Stand an's comment regarding being concerned when someone steps forward to "fix" her swing. Love the emphasis on "FIX."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA