Pitching Arm Sleeve

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hey riseball, I know your daughter is a pitcher. Did she ever try pitching with a compression sleeve on? Do you have any experience with them?

Wears full compression UA unless it is hot. Never really was interested in the sleeve but all 3 other pitchers at her school use them. I think there is a benefit as described, and many wear them because - Hey the look cool! :) SC is a UA shop and I will not be surprised if she starts using one after she transfers especially given the cooler weather.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wears full compression UA unless it is hot. Never really was interested in the sleeve but all 3 other pitchers at her school use them. I think there is a benefit as described, and many wear them because - Hey the look cool! :) SC is a UA shop and I will not be surprised if she starts using one after she transfers especially given the cooler weather.

Thanks. DD recently had some tendonitis (golfer's elbow), and the compression sleeve was suggested to her by a physical therapist specializing in athletics. Also doesn't hurt that they look cool...:p

Dec 7, 2011
The BIG thing that sleeves ended up providing was protection from raspberries from head first sliding. At some point DD became a base-diver. The open wounds she would get on the inside of her elbows would hamper the pitching.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
DD says the same thing....keeps her arm warm and "whippy". My DD has long thin arms so we use the Evo Youth size and it works great and doesn't slide down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes