Physics of Front Side Resistance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2013
San Antonio TX.
Phil's video about the physics of front side resistance helped KK to understand so it may help your DD. His forearm fire technique is a non issue and we did not bring it up.

[video=youtube_share;twac4MlTlaI]http://youtu.be/twac4MlTlaI[/video]

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
He talks way to much. I have trouble listening to him. I really dislike his I/r demonstration. Nice guy just not sure I'm with him. Kinda looks like he read the ir sticky and renamed everything. Maybe not but sure looks like it. Uuugh

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Well OILF, as a person who has taken college physics courses, I do have to admit that I was shaking my head at this guy's explanation of things. It's obvious that he does not have any sort of a physics background.

Nov 4, 2013
Well lucky for everyone he isn't teaching a college physics class. My question who cares? Maybe his physics are wrong maybe he talks too much maybe he uses words not used on this board but again, who cares? The question is does he explain front side resistance in a way that makes sense to kids trying to pitch. I have been trying to explain this to my DD for the past 2 weeks and she just wasn't getting it. After watching this video twice a light bulb went off and something about how he explained it made her understand what I had been trying to say for two weeks. Her front side mechanics are getting much much better. If it doesn't work for you or your DD fine, but as far as what he is saying about pitching mechanics I don't think he's wrong.