PGF on a Friday Afternoon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2021
Sure sounds different from a couple days back.

Just two games going on now on our half of HB sports park. It's a lot quieter. Many of the tents are gone as are all the teams warming up in the outfield. And the bathroom lines are way down.

All in all a great day for a ballgame or four.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I have been looking at the brackets for 18u PGF. That Arizona Storm Mathis team has had a couple of long days on Thursday and today (Friday). They are playing their 8th game right now it two days vs 18u Bandits Conroy in the Championship of Bracket A, which is basically the semifinals.

Dec 19, 2021
Yeah, I have had a front row seat to all of those. 7 wins in a row.

Unfortunately they are now facing a fresh Mardjetko and their pitching is worn out. Their #2 pitcher didnt make the trip but the #3 has been fabulous.

May 18, 2019
Sure sounds different from a couple days back.

Just two games going on now on our half of HB sports park. It's a lot quieter. Many of the tents are gone as are all the teams warming up in the outfield. And the bathroom lines are way down.

All in all a great day for a ballgame or four.
My favorite time at a tournament is when the sun is low in the sky and it's getting quiet on Sunday. Almost spiritual for me giving thanks for being there.

May 16, 2016
Illinois

Unfortunately they are now facing a fresh Mardjetko and their pitching is worn out. Their #2 pitcher didnt make the trip but the #3 has been fabulous.
I don't think Mardjetko is what I would call fresh. She pitched two complete games on Thursday, and this is her 2nd complete game today. It is certainly possible that Sage is fresher than your pitchers after 8 games in two days.

Congrats to your girls! That is a very good run.

I am currently watching the Bandits Conroy vs Storm game on Storm's GC account. The video from the Storm's GC account is better quality than the Bandits Conroy feed. Your team must use a better video setup.

Jun 8, 2016

If that is your DD’s team I congratulate you on your use of “their” rather than “our” since you neither play nor coach 😀

May 29, 2015
Not the PGF tournament you guys are talking about, but I called PGF the last two days and I am done for the weekend. This is weird being home at 6:00 on a Friday. I am so discombobulated.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The 16U Premier bracket was crazy today. Unity was in the winner's bracket, and they lost two in a row to get bounced. Heavener pitched 11 innings, struck out 20, and lost. The team got shutout by Select Fastpitch and BSC Bengals.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles