PGF Huntington Beach Camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
I see on the PGF site that there is a 4 hour camp on the final day of PGF in Huntington Beach. My question is, are there camps for individual schools during this week? If so, how do I find those? Thanks in advance.

Jun 8, 2016
I see on the PGF site that there is a 4 hour camp on the final day of PGF in Huntington Beach. My question is, are there camps for individual schools during this week? If so, how do I find those? Thanks in advance.
May not be the most efficient way of doing it, but the schools will usually post on twitter where their camps will be.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We were told not to do the camp on the final day by our recruiting director. I'm not sure why, but he's hardly ever wrong about these things.

Edit: he feels most of the coaches will be gone by that day.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
We were told not to do those camps by our recruiting director. I'm not sure why, but he's hardly ever wrong about these things.
So the ones put on by individual (or a group of "like-minded") schools? Interesting...find out why for me :ROFLMAO: Not sure why
they would be any different (from the actual camp perspective) than actually physically going to the school for a camp. Only
thing I can think of is that you are not showing as much interest in the school by attending since you were already there for the tournament. As opposed to spending 500 bucks to fly to the school to just go to the camp. That seems pretty lame though...lol.

Apr 25, 2019
May not be the most efficient way of doing it, but the schools will usually post on twitter where their camps will be.

Yeah, I know. But my DD has some schools that she would like to get in front of. We are driving and flying enough this summer and figured this would be a better way to utilize our time since we will already be there.

Apr 25, 2019
So the ones put on by individual (or a group of "like-minded") schools? Interesting...find out why for me :ROFLMAO: Not sure why
they would be any different (from the actual camp perspective) than actually physically going to the school for a camp. Only
thing I can think of is that you are not showing as much interest in the school by attending since you were already there for the tournament. As opposed to spending 500 bucks to fly to the school to just go to the camp. That seems pretty lame though...lol.

Yeah, I would be curious as well. We did not do a whole lot of them in Colorado last year but I felt we got decent instruction and looks from the individual camps.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, I know. But my DD has some schools that she would like to get in front of. We are driving and flying enough this summer and figured this would be a better way to utilize our time since we will already be there.
I meant they will post where they are holding off-site (eg near/at tournaments) camps. I saw one like that by Tufts/Brown and somebody else a few weeks back I think.

Jun 8, 2016

This is what I was talking about which I think coincides with that Rawlings tournament up there (Brown, Columbia..same thing 😂)
Maybe some of the schools you are interested in are doing similar things (and posting about it) at PGF.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00