PGF: For the love of all that is Holy, find another precious metal!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
You know, I had trouble with precious metals used in team names. Teams are categorized by rare metals...although somewhat strangely. I was confused...a platinum team was supposed to be better than a gold team, although the precious metal platinum sells for $900 an ounce and gold sells for $1500 an ounce. So, it seams a gold team should be at least 33% better than a platinum team. (Admittedly, the price of platinum can sometime exceed that of gold....)

After a great deal of soul searching and a few brats, I accepted, somewhat hesitantly, that platinum teams were better than gold teams.

Then, PGF comes along with "Premier" and "Platinum" teams. I am completely lost.

I thought that, by definition, any team playing in "Premiere Girls Fastpich" association were "Premiere Teams"...just like all MLB teams are Major League Baseball teams.

I was wrong. PGF has "premier" teams and "platinum" teams. According to Merriam-Webster, premier means "first in importance". "Importance" means something of signficance. So, a premier team, therefore, is a team "first in signficance".

And, what the heck is a Premier Premier Team? Premier Squared? Double Secret Premier?

I digress...would you rather have a pile of signficance or a pile of gold? Or even a pile of platinum? It seems that this who naming thing becoming a pile of something else.

My modest suggestion: Make the top teams Rhodium. Rhodium is selling for $2100 per ounce on the spot market.

Think I'll start a 12U team...Rhodium Rodents.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
There is an org here that named two of its teams at the 16U level "Premier." OK, one is a first year 16U team and one is a second year 16U team, but shouldn't there only be one "Premier" 16U team in an org? <scratching my head>

May 6, 2015
lets combine two awful naming categories, travel sports teams and B horror flicks, with a dash of comics thrown in.

AAA Premier Elite Kryptonite Titanium Killer Bees From Outer Suburbia

nothing could possibly beat this team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles