Park District vs. Travel: What Should Families Do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 24, 2011
The ProScoutSports, LLC Blog: Park District vs. Travel Sports: What should families do?

But intermixed with the poor play, and kids who didn't really know how to play the game, was a ton of laughter and cheering. After the game ended parents from both teams were invited to the field for pictures as awards were presented to both teams. Parents and players were cheering loudly. This was obviously a big deal to those involved and it was enjoyable to watch so many people truly enjoying the day's festivities.

Yet, as I passed the next field for the second time I cringed. It wasn't because of anything that was being said by a parent, nor any bad sportsmanship by the players. No, I winced because the catcher on the next field was lined up about 20 feet behind home plate. The batter in his six-sizes-too-big-helmet had his heels over the outside edge of the batter's box about as far away as he could possible stand from the plate. The batter couldn't have hit the pitch with a telephone pole, that is if a pitch got anywhere near the strike zone. The umpire, whose location was dictated by the position of the catcher, could have leaned on the fence behind him. I shook my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01