Parental Competitiveness???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I ran into a couple at a game this weekend (11 YOs) that were certain that a girl that ran into their DD should have been out, because she didn't slide. There were 4 adult umps on the field. Their DD played the next 2 innings and was fine (just bruised.) Then, the mom decided that her daughter had dislocated her hip and wanted someone to call 911. (I wish that they had.)

This same woman is known to yell at her 10YO DD, during basketball games "Forget the team. Go coast to coast!" (I would love to have that on a t-shirt.)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
When we step out of the truck at the ball fields I always ask my DD, "do you smell that"? "All the testosterone in the air".

Sometimes I'll change it up and reply," all the BS in the air". They both have the same meaning. :)

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
At my DD's HS, the thing to wear was your letterman's jacket. They were exactly the same as the football guys. Hers is covered with her awards and letters. Did she ever wear it to school? No. Wearing a coat wasn't cool, even in Flagstaff, AZ.

The thing was expensive and now, it just hangs in the closet.

But those jackets are big time brag, I think.

That's just because your DD went to high school on the "wrong side of the tracks".:) Everyone wore theirs over at flag high.

And we must have some moms in our leauge with some pretty high testosterone levels....

That discussion came up the other day - how most parents (NOT all) are on some form of maintenance medication and how our parents never took a thing. Someone chalked it up to the fast-pace lifestyles we all have, running from can to can't day in and day out. Even mentioned how, back in the day, mothers didn't work. My Momma always worked, well after we left my Daddy. I'm a stay at home Momma, but do work - artist. Those who think folks who stay home have no pressure and don't really "work" are insane. I also think that prescription drugs, when taken as prescribed (like for psychosis - lol) are a GOOD thing! :) Also, never to be mixed with alcoholic beverages...bad no, no!

A friend's daughter played in a tournament this summer (16u) with a rigorous game schedule. She sent a text the second day saying it was MARVELOUS - the concession stand sold BEER!!! We've never been to a tournament where the concession sold any type of alcohol...I thought that was beyond strange!

Jul 9, 2010
This, and your other thread about loud parents at HS games, just reminds me even more of how much I hate HS softball.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
as for using bench players in HS...I let everyone know how much playing time they might see....I try to keep everyone into the game and try to use the bench but sometimes ina tight game againsta good team I can't. In my travel team ina tournament, the first day everyone plays, the next day w/ single elimination you play your best out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles