Out of the batters box rule in High School (NFHS)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2017
Batter was called out for being out of the box. Was this the correct call? I thought the foot had to be completely out of the box in High School.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Your video isn't available to watch ... But, if the batters foot is touching the ground and completely out of the box (or she is stepping on the plate) and she hits the ball fair or foul she is out. Ball is dead, runners return.

Jul 27, 2021
Wrong call.

Yet, one of those situations like flirting with leaving too early stealing will get an umps attention. Also knowing the umps strike zone as a batter. (Umps around here love the outside strike,past the river even)

May 29, 2015
Fantastic call … if it was NCAA.

NFHS? Whoops.

I would go out on a limb and say he didn’t miss the call, rather he just brain farted and misapplied the wrong code.

I’ve been doing quite a bit of baseball this past week. Balks in NFHS are dead immediately. OBR (MLB rules) are a delayed dead ball. Tournament last weekend used OBR. I had NFHS underclass games this weekend and I missed a few balks because I left it live and a play unfolded … whoops.

Jul 27, 2021
Fantastic call … if it was NCAA.

NFHS? Whoops.

I would go out on a limb and say he didn’t miss the call, rather he just brain farted and misapplied the wrong code.

I’ve been doing quite a bit of baseball this past week. Balks in NFHS are dead immediately. OBR (MLB rules) are a delayed dead ball. Tournament last weekend used OBR. I had NFHS underclass games this weekend and I missed a few balks because I left it live and a play unfolded … whoops.
I am totally in favor of a unified rule book. Having ...what...5 rule books (Oly, USAS, NCAA, NFHS,USSSA) for softball is just ridiculous.

May 29, 2015
I am totally in favor of a unified rule book. Having ...what...5 rule books (Oly, USAS, NCAA, NFHS,USSSA) for softball is just ridiculous.
Its not ridiculous to the people who make money off of them. :rolleyes:

What I find amusing is that the “summer codes” think their brand actually means something to the teams that play under their alphabet.

PS - There are far more than just those!

Aug 25, 2019
Its not ridiculous to the people who make money off of them. :rolleyes:

What I find amusing is that the “summer codes” think their brand actually means something to the teams that play under their alphabet.

PS - There are far more than just those!
Well, what team chooses tournaments because they like that ruleset best?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles