Out of position at exposure?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I concur w/ GD. If your #1P has teams coming to watch her, she's probably planning to pitch all or the better part of all 4 games. If a coach specifically wants to see your DD at 3B and has limited time, they won't be bashful about making that request to her coach. At 13, your DD has plenty of showcases ahead of her. And a thank you note to the coaches who she invited to attend (explaining that she was an 'emergency' pitcher) probably promotes her her cause more than a potentially poor pitching experience would detract from it.

And don't forget, its not all about DI SB or even SB for that matter. Assuming her grades are comparable to her ACT score, which probably will improve, I'd advise focussing on the academic side - target the top private/public academic schools w/ large endowments, qualify for 4-year academic money, and have SB be the thing that sets her apart and gets her in the door.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
And a thank you note to the coaches who she invited to attend (explaining that she was an 'emergency' pitcher) probably promotes her her cause more than a potentially poor pitching experience would detract from it.

Very good advice, wish I'd thought of that. :)

Apr 11, 2012
it is a college exposure event....and your DD's HC's mis-mangement of the pitching staff shouldn't be her problem....but I do agree that she will have other opportunities too and being a good teammate is always important.

But your safety concern for her throwing speed at that level has merit.....I'm not sure about your part of the country, but in mine, if you dont throw 60 mph or right at it in the 16A division, it probably wont go too well.....

Sep 18, 2011
Turns out I was alarmed for nothing. Talked briefly to one of the coaches last night and he told me that my DD will definitely not pitch in the showcase (I didn't insist, merely expressed a concern). We will borrow a pitcher (or two if needed) from our org's 16U team (they are playing in the same tournament), and in the meantime he is still trying to find a pickup pitcher. So either way dd will not have to pitch. Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful responses. I am quite relieved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd