Our TB team recruiter recommended a PC for my dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
So my dd's travel team has showcase practices and she goes to these even tho she's not on a showcase team, she just loves to go to practice she would go everyday if she could. My dd just moved to TB from a horrible Rec league so she can't get enough of these TB practices right now!
At showcase practice they have the recruiters there and they usually radar the pitchers, they did my dd and they liked her speed (must a got one of those everything went right pitches) and they started talking to her about her arm motion and how she snaps the ball, I could not hear I could only see her demonstrating (she was the only pitcher on the field that didn't start with wrist snaps).
He comes over to me and says speed is good and then ask if she goes to a PC and which one. Then he tells me I need to find a PC that is not all about speed and to make sure she is focusing on good mechanics. That's what our PC does focus on I tell him, a little bit about what she's learning, he offers me a name of another PC I take it and thank him. Now I'm wondering does he like my dd or not? Idk.
I called this other PC and asked her what she taught, she got a tiny bit defensive, I reassured her I just didn't want to make the drive if we were not going to be compatible. I told her my dd is being taught Internal Rotation she says "you mean External Rotation" maybe you call it something different, I know there is I/R and E/R happening so that's a good sign right? I go on to say her fastball ends in the "frenchmans kiss" kinda like a turnover drop. She seems confused by this. Then I ask do you teach palm up at 9:00? She says yes, yay I got a yes. I agreed to bring her in for a consultation. I'm no expert (although sometimes I feel like I am thanks to this forum!) so maybe I'm not explaining correctly?
In my neck of the woods my dd's PC is the Only person I have talked to that knows anything about Internal Rotation! I have passed on this forum to every coach I can! No one takes to time to read it or they are too close minded to change? Every coach she runs into is still teaching HE. We will go to this recommended PC and have an open mind.

Oh and I'm not looking to change PC's as far as know I've got the only I/R PC in Central Florida, lol. I was just curious as to what this lady is teaching since the recruiter recommended her I thought I should at least check it out. My dd went to Washington DC with her school this week, so we go to consultation on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG