Open Stance stepping to close to the Plate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2008
I have a girl that has an open stance but when she steps she steps almost on the plate. How do I fix this???

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I agree with the above. Just put a board down that she will step on if she is stepping closer to home then you would like.

(Please do not abuse me, I didn't realize this was the technical hitting forum)

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I agree with the above. Just put a board down that she will step on if she is stepping closer to home then you would like.

(Please do not abuse me, I didn't realize this was the technical hitting forum)

Recommending a board without providing material and dimensional specifications makes this post inappropriate for the theological hitting forum. Mods have been notified.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I have a girl that has an open stance but when she steps she steps almost on the plate. How do I fix this???

You don't, unless this hitter steps exactly the same way regardless of pitch location. The front foot will do what the front foot/leg needs to do, dictated by pitched ball location. Inside pitch front leg/foot will open more. Outside pitch open less.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
DD uses OS to remind her to lock both eyes on the ball during pre-motion...and dance w/pitcher.

But Really its because that's what MW does. :cool:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2014
Next time she can use a pitching machine or if you have an accurate enough pitcher let her take 10 pitches inside, preferably on the black if she can hit them effectively you don't have a problem, if she can't then use the techniques described above, just don't use a line it has to be an object so she feels herself stepping too far inside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283