Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
I looked at the paulygirl website unfortunately the closes certified coach is about an hour and a half a way in Richmond. I will definitely check out the other one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand I don't know the full details of your life, family, finances, time availability, etc. but 1.5 hours to see a good coach is a bargin. I routinely have people FLY in to see me from various parts of the country. I'm not suggesting you max out your credit card to see me or anyone else!!!!!! But what I am saying is, 1.5 hours to see a coach isn't as abnormal as you may think. I bet some of the people on here will tell you their stories of travel to training... some may shock you.

My craziest: I had a dad drive his kid 4.5 hours ONE WAY to see me in Pittsburgh at 9pm (which was my only opening) for 30 minutes (although I used to extend it to 45 for them since it was my last one) then they'd drive home. I always thought that was bonkers but I've heard of many others doing similar things. And most of them wouldn't change anything about it because of the time they spent together to, from and also with the coach.

But again, this may not be feasible to you guys. I'm not suggesting you're not dedicated if you don't make this kind of sacrifice. But I just wanted you to know, you wouldn't be considered "crazy" for doing it by many many many softball family standards. :)

Oct 29, 2021
Interestingly enough I just got back from a field by my house where I went to practice with my DD and there was a girl probably around 16 that was pitching on one of the other fields with who I assumed was her coach but turned out to be her mother and sister. Anyway she was using IR and I got her coaches number so fingers crossed it was a stroke of fate.

Feb 11, 2020
I suggest online lessons and make sure u meet up with that person a few times a year. U have to have in person at some point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414