Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 29, 2021
I am having trouble finding someone in my area that teaches IR instead of HE and was considering switching to online or Skype lessons. What is the consensus upon the effectiveness of an online lesson vs an in person lesson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
We did a couple during the 2020 shutdown. While not perfect it’s still way better than nothing at all.

I’d bet instructors who have continued to offer online instruction have streamlined it.

I thought Hillhouse started offering online lessons? He would be a good place to start.

Oct 29, 2021
Yeah I was actually just looking at the Hillhouse house of pitching Facebook page, but the website link doesn’t work and it looks like it mostly advertises seminars now. I may shoot him a message to see what he currently offers.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I am having trouble finding someone in my area that teaches IR instead of HE and was considering switching to online or Skype lessons. What is the consensus upon the effectiveness of an online lesson vs an in person lesson?

Maybe you've already tried these; Paulygirlfastpitch.com, underneath the "Certification" section, "Find a certified coach"
Tincherpitching.com has a similar feature if you scroll down.
If you have a local college, check if they have a pitching coach who does lessons. They may at least know someone who does.

Online instruction is much better than just watching videos, but in person can't be beat. When I instruct, I can move around and see what's going on from different angles. When I demonstrate things, the student can see all of what I do as I explain. My guidance is much more effective in person being able to get the student's limbs into correct positions (a delicate task in today's "hands-off" climate). I have my training gear available right there. I can see ball rotation visually gauge speed, and measure speeds via radar in person, whereas I can't do that online. And it's harder to celebrate successes with an enthusiastic high-five through a screen.

Aug 21, 2008
Hey all, so... about 3 years ago my website was hit with an attack by Malware. At the time, the people running my site were in the Phillippines. They put up an old version of the site just to keep it up but, I'm not sure if I was hit again with the malware or what to knock it down. I didn't even know it was down until a couple weeks ago. I am trying to get it back up again but, I'm just having a few difficulties. My email still works: <bill@houseofpitching.com> if interested.

Oct 29, 2021
I looked at the paulygirl website unfortunately the closes certified coach is about an hour and a half a way in Richmond. I will definitely check out the other one though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi