One more time dd swing with new hitting coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
IMO that's already a million times better. Only thing I really noticed that bothered me personally was her front side initiated the swing instead of her rear hip. I definitely think you are with a better instructor though.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I have a few potential concerns.

But first ... please explain the logic of the pauses. Is she being given a specific goal or objective for each segment?

Is she being taught to push to extension?

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
The sequence should be earlier in the swing.
Meaning less arm swing more rotation of lower body, before bat lag.

What I see.

SL

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2011
I think she is doing great! I think there is great value pausing at key positions, but like any drill, it can develop bad habits. My suggestion would be to keep doing this drill, but alternate it with a full swing.

Keep up the good work, she's going to be good!

Jan 2, 2012
Yes just a warm up drill to start with only do a few then full swing. Yes he said get to slot then push hands thru ball.

May 13, 2008
Yes just a warm up drill to start with only do a few then full swing. Yes he said get to slot then push hands thru ball.

I think she already looks better too. For this drill, you will want to set the tee a little deeper, so that it is even with or just behind the stride foot. The hands should be slightly ahead of the ball, then release the wrists to contact.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp