old FP uniforms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2010
New here, reposting this from another site, just asking for ideas......

Our HS team is getting new uniforms for the 2011 season. What should we do with the old stuff? I'm sure PIAS will give us a few cents for the pants/belts and such. But is there anything that can be done with the tops? It has # and school name, but not player names...Big program.....don't have a count yet, but at least 5 full uniform sets

Idea's appreciated.....just hate to trash them and thats what the coach will do..

Apr 1, 2010
Our HS holds a softball camp each year for younger girls and they give out t-shirts at the end. If your HS team does something like that for fundraising too, I bet genuine HS jerseys would be a huge deal for middle school and grade school girls.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
We give out stuff like this for our players to practice in. I know of one HS that sells the jerseys. It is a big deal to buy the shirt that you once wore, or your HS quarterback wore. Also, you could keep them along with the new ones so you'd have a home set and an away set if you aren't already ordering both. It also depends on what shape they are in.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Our HS baseball team sells them for $20.00 each during games until they are gone...does not take long and it is a way to give $$$$ to the program and get something for it. KIDS love them.

May 23, 2008
You can give to needy players in other countries. World Baseball Outreach takes used equipment and sends it to contacts in other countries. I have been to Venezuela with them and the kids at the clinics we held were in need of basic equipment. We each took a 50lbs bag of euipment, but more is always needed.

Yes they do softball also.
worldbaseballoutreach.org

Steve

Last year our team dumped their red jerseys. Each girl who had been on the state championship team got to keep their's. We framed dd's with the medals. It's also a nice thing, if not giving them to all of the players, to give the seniors their jerseys framed. We did that last year on Senior night (since the red ones were leaving anyway) and they adored them. Just a nice gesture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24