Official Board Certified 1200-Step Softball Addicts Anonymous Program

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
First "Hi JJ and Hi 02Crush" welcome. Everyone here has been where you are and so thank you for sharing.

I want to tell you about my friend. He has a problem. He is constantly on sites like DFP and he keeps talking about his kid. Heck, he even posted pics of her a few times. He often describes himself as an "ex expert" even though he thinks he knows a lot about the game. He can tell you the stats of every pitcher and player in his DD's college conference. He can tell you about the upcoming games and who is doing what. He can even tell you how each team pitched his DD last year. He is in need of help. However, I can't seem to get him to come out with his problems.

High Cannonball Thanks for the supportive comments. I can relate to your "Friend". I think many of us can. When in doubt I find it educational to take your DD to the park with you on these "educational" adventures. It allows for someone sane to be there with you in case you are in denial and too far gone...OOPS, I mean your "Friend" is in denial and too far gone. :eek:
2014-03-11 19.46.51.jpg
Darn it...I did it again. 3 days this week. 3 stops at the park. I suppose my saving grace is I have not bought the personalized plate yet for my truck. :p

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2012
NJ
You all think you guys have problems. I have a 28' boat parked in the middle of my pole barn. It hasen't been wet since DD started playing TB.

Apr 1, 2010
You all think you guys have problems. I have a 28' boat parked in the middle of my pole barn. It hasen't been wet since DD started playing TB.

Ha! You need to pull that boat out of your pole barn...it's taking up valuable softball practice space. :-D

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

I am sorry to inform you that your problem unfortunately may be more serious than you think. A boat parked inside a pole barn is taking up valuable SB practice space and could end costing your DD her preferred uniform number. Professional help may be the only option in such a dire case.

Apr 1, 2010
Back when DD was playing rec softball and competitive soccer, her soccer team practiced at a park down by the river. It just so happened that to get to that park, we drove right past a small local college's softball field. I started checking that team's schedule and saying, "Hey, why don't we head out a little early and watch a little bit of the Park softball game before practice?"

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
The tunnel is next to the boat. The pole barn is 30x60. The local rec league fields are right across the street.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The tunnel is next to the boat. The pole barn is 30x60. The local rec league fields are right across the street.

Oh boy, that is a relief to know. If your problem was as serious as I initially thought, you likely would've understood that the pole barn/number guarantee is a reference to a stickied "classic" thread over at heybucket.com, where everyone also knows about the legendary Ray Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom