Off Topic - Margarita Mixer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Hey TJ, Hopefully we'll see you on the fields again soon! Go Pats! On to your question...

I used to work for a home products manufacturer. In fact, we made the margaritaville mixer which initially came out at the nice price of $250. There still $200+.
Don't do it. We were masters of what we called the single-use appliance. You know, all those neat things that sit in the basement or bottom cabinet waiting to get used once a year because that's all they're good for, when a skillet or pot would have done the job equally as well.

Opt for a really nice pitcher and a set of matching glasses, good tequilla, rim salt, recipe book for fancy versions, guava nector, a little lime tree, and package it all up nice. If you feel compelled to buy an appliance, go for a good quality blender that you can also use to make DD power smoothies on game day. DW will love the thought you put into building her margarita care package vs just a mixer.

Or just make her a beer-rita!!

I love the idea of a gift related to margaritas. Yum. I agree with this though. Get a nice blender, make it less "here's a kitchen appliance" with pretty glasses, a pitcher, maybe a frozen drinks recipe book, etc. She'll love it. That's my 2 cents as a wife who isn't quite almost 50 but getting there. FWIW, I have never minded getting appliances I really wanted as gifts. I like to cook so for me it's thoughtful and related to something I enjoy.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
This reminds me that I was worshipped like a rock star when I got the DW a new bat and batting gloves when she turned 30 (for the first time). Turning 30 for the 25th time or more makes Bdays a little more challenging. Proceed at your own risk!

FWIW, DW is very happy making soups, smoothies, and frozen drinks with her Vitamix 5300, which has a good motor and 7 yr warranty (she better be cuz at 4 bills on sale at Costco, that's the equivalent of a good number of carefully-researched bat, glove, and other misc sports equipment bargains!)

I was NOT worshiped when I bought her a racetrack scanner with two sets of headphones!daytona97.jpg

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I love the idea of a gift related to margaritas. Yum. I agree with this though. Get a nice blender, make it less "here's a kitchen appliance" with pretty glasses, a pitcher, maybe a frozen drinks recipe book, etc. She'll love it. That's my 2 cents as a wife who isn't quite almost 50 but getting there. FWIW, I have never minded getting appliances I really wanted as gifts. I like to cook so for me it's thoughtful and related to something I enjoy.

Thanks! Same here, I wouldn't buy her something she wouldn't use. We use them all...Blender, griddle, Wok, hotshot, nutribullet, kool-aid dispenser, mickey mouse waffle maker, even the rice maker. The only items collecting dust are the slicer/dicer and the george foreman grill....couldn't even sell them at our tag sale.

Nov 29, 2009
Looking to buy my wife a margarita mixer for her birthday; willing to spend a couple hundred.

Man after my own heart!!! Keep her inebriated. It cuts down on the arguments. ;):eek::):D

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I doubt you will score too many points with the wife, but a guy on a BBQ forum on I was on several years ago built a margarita mixer with an igloo jug and a garbage disposal.

Go big or go home, as they say. :)

[video=youtube_share;egVuo5ryZT0]http://youtu.be/egVuo5ryZT0[/video]

Dec 11, 2010
I like the picture you selected. It's been a long time but I'm thinking Gordon, Terry Labonte, Schrader?, Elliott?, Marlon, Mark Martin and Rudd in that pic?

Man that's an oldie. I loved that era.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I like the picture you selected. It's been a long time but I'm thinking Gordon, Terry Labonte, Schrader?, Elliott?, Marlon, Mark Martin and Rudd in that pic?

Man that's an oldie. I loved that era.

I was actually at that race, Campbell Box on the start/finish line. I believe back then Schrader drove the Skoal Bandit car. I think the Bud car was driven by Craven. The race was won under caution, Hendricks came in 1-2-3. Yeah...those were some good times back then. Funny thing is, I haven't been back to Daytona or on an airplane since.

Dec 11, 2010
I was actually at that race, Campbell Box on the start/finish line. I believe back then Schrader drove the Skoal Bandit car. I think the Bud car was driven by Craven. The race was won under caution, Hendricks came in 1-2-3. Yeah...those were some good times back then. Funny thing is, I haven't been back to Daytona or on an airplane since.

Yes! It WAS Craven! Fun days. The most memorable race we ever went to was fall race in Atlanta, Martin won and Earnhardt won his 7th championship. Seemed like he would win more at the time. Think Dale Jarrett won the only time we went to Daytona.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad