Odd Decisions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
#2 should be a good bunter with good speed.

Agree with the rest of the post, but my #2 hitter is gonna be my best hitter (maybe second best, depending on her power and the power of the #4 hitter). I don't really even care if she knows how to bunt.

One reason I wouldn't usually bunt with bases loaded is most of the time, I don't want to play for just one run. There are situations where I might (weaker hitter/great bunter, tie game late, etc.), but not only does the bunt have to be almost perfect to avoid the force at home, you've got an easy force at third if it's not bunted well. Not sure I'm doing it with 2 outs unless I'm really sure the defense is going to be caught off guard.

May 20, 2016
Nothing wrong with bunting. Last year team my DD played for won a few games bunting with the #4 hitter. My DD was on 3rd each time and is small but runs like Forrest Gump. Suicide squeeze worked each time.

Probably more of an execution problem than a bad coaching decision. But that's just my opinion.

Feb 3, 2016
Had our 16U championship tourney last weekend...in one game coach bunted our 2-hole hitter with bases loaded...right back to pitcher and force-out at home.

I don't have problem with this especially if 3rd base was playing deep (physically unable to athletically get to the ball). Is the 2nd base fielder late to the party covering 1st base.

Players at this age should be able to read the defense and lay a directional bunt down on command on the correct base line.

If 3rd is an overly aggressive a batter should be instructed to punch it past her.
Everyone should be burning up the base paths maybe draw a call from blue for a running lane obstruction from 3rd base if the player does get out of the running lane after failing to field the ball.

Be a Chessmaster while others are playing Checkers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd