Noaah Hitting 5/24/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IiG-zfE_qhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pR73W8of17c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
So I posted a few videos a couple weeks ago of Noaah hitting and was asked to post a more complete video of her swing so here it is.
Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Slow mo gifs and any neat tricks to show her are appreciated too.:cool:

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Lots of improvement.... JMHO... I would want the elbow brushing the ribs & the back foot coming up off the ground @ contact. :cool: I like the scroll w/ front foot.

under.gif

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
She is sliding her torso forward and then spinning off her back foot when she swings in the first clip. It looks like she has the right idea in her mind about how to swing but is getting confused on the sequence of how to make things happen. The result is an arms swing.
She does a great job with the back foot and knee making sure things don't slide back.

Get the hips into her swing and it will do wonders.

View attachment 7795

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
The spinning has been my biggest fear.
She is a great contact hitter but as strong as she is she should be hitting the ball farther. I think that the spinning rather than using her legs is the culprit.
I think CLM is right and she has the right idea but how do I get her to correctly lead with her hips?
Thanks for the slow mo! I'm assuming those are her best swing?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm not seeing the pull-backs. All the action is on the front side of the body. We want to see the back side pulling to help propel the barrel forward.
AllanCraig_side_slo.gif

hugo_gs_20150318_gt_side_zpssxtv0q2a.gif

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
What is her routine when practicing off of a T? Any tip and rip or other routines? Does she practice slow motion sequencing swings? She needs to find another cue to help her get her sequence correct.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Honestly, we don't have a routine. She goes to a 30 minute hitting lesson every week and whatever hitting we do at practice. She ia also a pitcher so the bulk of her work is put into pitching.
I can definitely see what you how everything is happening on her front side. I think that when she sees this it'll help her see that her upper body is moving forward first rather than her hips. I know it's really opened my eyes.
I'm definitely no hitting coach, so help me develop a routine to help her get going in the right sequence. I will also speak to her hitting coach.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles