No 2021 Xeno, say it ain't so

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2016
Heard NCAA rules to be discussed at next meeting were the following:

1. Do we play in 2021 If a vaccine is not available
2. Move the pitching rubber back to 46 feet and nothing is illegal
3. Wooden bats will be re-introduced and the only legal bat.

I can't confirm any of the above but sounds like some changes may or may not be coming :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Get ready for the first cartwheel curveball.

Jun 22, 2019
Love the balanced word always tossed around...haha. Maybe if bats were on sticker weight some
of these "balanced" bats would be actually balanced. Hard to be balanced when bats are an ounce over
sticker or close to that. When the rumored ADV first started being talked about, that word was thrown
out there...I was like, no way...haha.

What about the rockettech...They are balanced if you put the fulcrum right in the Middle of the barrel.

Jun 22, 2019
Has anyone swung the new LXT?

My twins swing 2019 LXTs. I got a ghost adv from core last year and while they’ve been hitting bombs with it, they keep going back to their LXTs. They say they like the feel and barrel control with the LS. However, the LXTs have a ton of swings on them now and thinking about getting a backup...because it’s a matter of time at this point.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What about the rockettech...They are balanced if you put the fulcrum right in the Middle of the barrel.

The bat was still 3 ounces over sticker...so instead of a 33/23...you got a balanced 26oz bat. Doesnt matter where the balance point is.
Their new stuff, no idea. So little people use them, I havent really looked at them

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019
The bat was still 3 ounces over sticker...so instead of a 33/23...you got a balanced 26oz bat. Doesnt matter where the balance point is.
Their new stuff, no idea. So little people use them, I havent really looked at them
I was joking...my daughters used to swing them years ago and we had one that was 3.5oz over and was extremely end loaded, but my oldest daughter loved them.
Reminded me of some of the slow pitch bats I used to own in the late 90’s.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Slowpitch bats are the only bats they have real endloads...parents have no idea what an endload is until they pick up some Miken Supermax or Eastons progressive endloads. Then you feel what an endload is. A 27oz Easton with 2 ounces endload or a 28oz with 3 ounces.

They feel an Insane or a Ghost and say, boy that's endloaded...no its not...haha.

And Im glad you said that about the RT...I don't say it anymore because some people get bothered by that. They keep insisting the old RT is balanced...hahaha...yeah :)

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
It was the rocketflex(circa 2012-14?) that was balanced and was a drop 10. One in the closet. The rockettech is the end load and comes in a drop 9. Latest models only an ounce or so over. Playing in ND we need a bat that can perform in very cold weather in the spring. Does its job really well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles