NLI experiences you can share???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
There is a lot that goes on and people are aware of very little of it. I liken it to other predators that are careful in selecting their victims. They're careful not to do it with players from well-connected organizations or one of their main recruting wells. The other similarity is the victims are often too embarassed to publicize what happened.

There is also a lot that goes on in programs that isn't well publicized. Most of it is just the business side of competitive college softball - e.g. reducing scholarships when renewing players that didn't live up to expectations. It is eye opening though when a coach reduces the athletic scholarship of a player right after they were named a major D-I softball conference's newcomer of the year and onto its first team. I heard about it from the dad in a confidential PM while his DD was a senior.

Now that I think about it,....Ya know I have heard tidbits of stories like this a little bit too much. (Where a 2nd-4th year college player gets the carpet pulled out from underneath them - financially).

I wonder what the % is of post first year scholarship reductions that are out there....? Ya some will deserve it but I wonder if a girl performs equally to her TB-A stats when she gets to college will that ensure her scholarship stays intact?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Now that I think about it,....Ya know I have heard tidbits of stories like this a little bit too much. (Where a 2nd-4th year college player gets the carpet pulled out from underneath them - financially).

I wonder what the % is of post first year scholarship reductions that are out there....? Ya some will deserve it but I wonder if a girl performs equally to her TB-A stats when she gets to college will that ensure her scholarship stays intact?

I can think of one program that had 10 freshmen in a recruiting class. Next year, only 4 were on the team. I know one of those that was not on the team and she was not offered that next year despite starting for over half of the year as a freshman. I know of several of dd's friends who have had that happen as well. One at a southern D-I was promised the moon. When she got to college, a JUCO transfer ended up at the same school. Young lady didn't get in to one game and was not offered for this year. That young lady will be playing D-II this year.

Dec 7, 2011
The BIG NLI day :)

Got one with all her coaches.

In the heat of battle here we forgot the traditional parents stand behind DD..... Oh well....

We had about 30+ folks there. Our lame local paper of course didn't show up (as the hs-ad said they wouldn't)

All your ideas went over really well - thanks to those of you who contributed!

Attachments

• NLI_Madds (2).jpg
    NLI_Madds (2).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Madds_web.jpg
    Madds_web.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 43
Oct 14, 2008
Congrats to you family RB I hope she enjoys the ride at Valpo. To bad shes not there this year I hear they are going to Hawaii for spring break.

Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles