NFCA top 25--May 10, 2011

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
if the rankings were simply window dressing, it would be better. The problem is that the rankings are used to determine seeds and host teams for the regional.

I think Tennessee should be somewhere around 15th. They are a good team. But, again, I think "they" want to do a regional in Tennessee.

It goes back to connections and "who knows who" with rankings. Louisiana-Lafayette is a very good team. They have been competitive in softball before for at least the last 25 years. This year, they played Arizona, Arizona State and Alabama. Getting on the field with those three in one year is pretty brave. But, their coach doesn't get a lot of love from the rest of softball, so they are barely ranked in the top 25.

Are you kidding??? These are "POLLS", i.e. "OPINIONS". The NCAA RPI list is a Ranking. Granted, the NFCA poll is the most accurate, but still... an OPINION.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Sluggers, I have trouble putting TN that low. I would say somewhere around nine or 10. I cannot find 11 or 12 teams that are more talented or have the record of TN. I agree that it doesn't hurt the SEC having a contract with ESPN but I do believe TN is probably top ten despite their youth. Saw some mistakes today by my Vols, but they are making less mistakes than most in the country. Where has the defense gone (country wide)?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs