Have a little perspective...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
Playing college ball should not even enter anyone's consciousness until 14u at the earliest. no one is scouting 12u players, too many variables to predict anything based on 12u, probably 14u as well.

they should play TB because they enjoy the competition and level of play. any 12u coach who says they can get your kid into XYZ is full of BS. let them PLAY, it is a game, at the level they desire to (and you can afford), and when they get to 16u, start to see where they might fit.

Aug 6, 2013
Playing college ball should not even enter anyone's consciousness until 14u at the earliest. no one is scouting 12u players, too many variables to predict anything based on 12u, probably 14u as well.

they should play TB because they enjoy the competition and level of play. any 12u coach who says they can get your kid into XYZ is full of BS. let them PLAY, it is a game, at the level they desire to (and you can afford), and when they get to 16u, start to see where they might fit.
I’m thinking college coaches are probably looking at 14u players and history has proven they are also looking at 12u players, they just can’t actively recruit them anymore. My daughter is a 2023 and her 12u year her team played the TN Mojo with girls already verballed to FL and a couple other P5 colleges. There was a flurry of early verbals right before the NCAA rules change not long after that game actually.

I’m not saying I agree with 12u or even 14u players committing. DD is 15 and a couple of her good friends who thought they wanted to play softball in college have both dropped travel ball. DD plays up on an 18u showcase team because she does want to play in college and wants to be seen but there has been mixed opinions on wether her best chance at exposure is 18’s or the 16’s where everyone said the college coaches are mostly looking at now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse