Newcomer To Sport--Terrified

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CMT

Jan 15, 2012
I want to say thank you for all the great advice and support I've been getting. Today though, the team had it's first game and I was asking my friend how it went and all that good stuff, and she told me the mute girl hadn't been cut. I was absolutely furious.

It's not that she has a speech impediment. It's that she's very below level. More than I, even. She ot hit with the ball, she can't throw correctly. She throws *from* the hip and pushes the ball upward. It's odd. I really have no idea why she made it and I didn't. Even if she did hustle for the ball, I did too, if not more. I actually tried to help her throw properly. I cannot believe I was the only one cut.

Sep 18, 2011
This thread is amusing. A girl with little to no softball experience and little skill expects to make a team and perhaps play shortstop. She makes it clear that she doen't want to play the outfield. She crys constantly. Yep, that's the girl I want on my team. When the inevitable happens and she gets cut, she refers to her coach as a moron and also bad mouths one of the players who did make the team. Sounds like the ideal student athlete to me. I hope the coach discovers this thread. CMT, i'm not going to stroke your ego loke everyone else. You really are a whiny brat and I'm glad you were cut.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Reading this thread, I wondered if the original poster was pulling all our legs. The original post seemed as if it were a combination of every complaint a player has that we've seen on this board. If CMT is for real, I apologize. You received a wealth of good information in response to your OP. 29dad is a little harsh, but you have to be willing to stick with something in order to improve.

CMT

Jan 15, 2012
How incredibly sophomoric and rude you are. You have never met me, you have NEVER seen me play, and I suggest you read a little more focused. I didn't belittle the girl who did make it, I just openly wonder why she was chosen when there would be many issues with her on the team. Im good friends with practically ALL the girls on my team, and they're a deserving bunch and I only hope I play as wonderfully as they do. Like I said before, I just wondered why she made the team Iif she was so weak, and if I play stronger than her, why didn't I make it? The "morons" remark was made in bitterness and anger, I freely admit it. I absolutely refuse to have you talk to me in such a inconsiderate manner. If you have constructive criticism for me and not baseless personal attacks I'd love to hear it. I would expect more nobility from a softball dad.

Oct 25, 2009
How incredibly sophomoric and rude you are. You have never met me, you have NEVER seen me play, and I suggest you read a little more focused. I didn't belittle the girl who did make it, I just openly wonder why she was chosen when there would be many issues with her on the team. Im good friends with practically ALL the girls on my team, and they're a deserving bunch and I only hope I play as wonderfully as they do. Like I said before, I just wondered why she made the team Iif she was so weak, and if I play stronger than her, why didn't I make it? The "morons" remark was made in bitterness and anger, I freely admit it. I absolutely refuse to have you talk to me in such a inconsiderate manner. If you have constructive criticism for me and not baseless personal attacks I'd love to hear it. I would expect more nobility from a softball dad.

Why weren't you at the game?

CMT

Jan 15, 2012
Feb. 4th you posted that your friend told you about the first game. With your interest in the team and softball, I would think you would be there.

That one got rained out. I did watch the one today. Varsity wrecked shop, like usual. JV lost but put in A GREAT effort. The teams will end up being different from now on since basketball girls can play now. No one got hurt, and I was really impressed.

Sep 18, 2011
You didn't make it due to your skill set and your attitude. No coach wants to deal with the drama of having someone cry all the time. Is that enough constructive criticism for you? No? Ok, here's some more. You should be enthusiastic about playing any position. EVERY position is valuable. The "I don't want to play outfield because I'm no good at fly balls" is a disastrous attitude to have. Try this - "wherever you need me, coach!!" See the difference? Not good at fly balls? Practice!! Never call the coach a moron. Never bad mouth someone who made the team over you. It's not an attractive quality and it makes you look ridiculously petty and mean spirited. The coach judges the talent, not you. And talent alone isn't enough, anyway. There are other factors that play into a coach's decision - attitude, work ethic, coachability... i could go on. You're funny (if you're even real, which I tend to doubt). You call the coach a moron for cutting you and swear that some day you will have your vengeance. You belittle a girl on the team and for some reason feel the need to share that she has a physical disability. And then when I call you out on it, you have the temerity, the unmitigated gall, to call ME inconsiderate. Again - the coach made the right decision.

Jul 1, 2010
I know this has got to be fake. No one is that ignorant, but it is hilarious. My wife is laughing so hard as I read this to her that she is crying. She keeps saying "amen, brother, preach it 29dad, preach it".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1