New Website! http://www.womens-fastpitch-softball.com/

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes just a blog and info site. I am new to this site and apologize if I did something incorrectly.

From time to time, we see people pop in to pimp their site, product, or services, but aren't willing to make an effort to be part of the DFP community, except for self-promotion. It's kind of irritating. We encourage you to hang around and share what you know.

Welcome to DFP! :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
No worries, this is just a stock photo. I cannot use real people on my site.

Understood. The DFP community tends to be a little jumpy about information that promotes or demonstrates dangerous, inaccurate, or flat-out bad advice. We've seen lots of it. We're not trying to be mean, just real.

As the dad of a young catcher (as are some of the others who have posted in this thread), I'm very sensitive about catchers using techniques that are safe, as well as effective. For most of us, the "gold standard" for catching techniques and instruction is the DVD produced by NECC (New England Catching Camp). The pic on your site is an example of what NOT to do (IMO), which is why I called attention to it.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Angela, if you need any photos, pm chazbz1. Excellent catching coach and a really good photographer.

Ditto what Eric said. Invest a little time here, you will be glad you did.

Mar 25, 2014
Thank you for the reference. I actually have a guy that will be filming some videos and and pics for me this summer. Once the winter breaks here. If we ever get out before the spring is over! I just bought some stock photos to jazz up my blog posts.

I have a passion for softball and do intend to stick around and contribute. Im sure we can all learn from each other here.

Mar 25, 2014
And I totally agree that people try to pimp their products often and don't contribute. Again I have a passion for the game. Was a head college coach for 5 years at the D2 level and also worked for the Akron Racers professional team as well. I was also a catcher in college :) best position on the field to me ;) I have been blessed with all the pro scouts (baseball and softball) I have worked with and also all the pro players as well. Its been a amazing last 16 years for me with all the people I was able to work with and learn from.

I am starting up a sight to offer the correct instruction and advice through mentorship and also my blog and Facebook. Feel free to comment on my blog as well if you have anything to add or have questions.

I just want to reassure that I am not just trying to pimp my site and throw out wrong information.....more like trying to be a thought leader and educator of the sport. I also am an educator by trade so I love to teach the correct methods. Taught sports management, Teaching methods, and Health Science for a few years while coaching.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thank you for all the good feedback.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
And I totally agree that people try to pimp their products often and don't contribute. Again I have a passion for the game. Was a head college coach for 5 years at the D2 level and also worked for the Akron Racers professional team as well. I was also a catcher in college :) best position on the field to me ;) I have been blessed with all the pro scouts (baseball and softball) I have worked with and also all the pro players as well. Its been a amazing last 16 years for me with all the people I was able to work with and learn from.

I am starting up a sight to offer the correct instruction and advice through mentorship and also my blog and Facebook. Feel free to comment on my blog as well if you have anything to add or have questions.

I just want to reassure that I am not just trying to pimp my site and throw out wrong information.....more like trying to be a thought leader and educator of the sport. I also am an educator by trade so I love to teach the correct methods. Taught sports management, Teaching methods, and Health Science for a few years while coaching.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thank you for all the good feedback.

Welcome! Please note that DFP does not have a sarcasm font nor many emoticons (or users that bother to use them) so its best to assume that all posts are well intentioned and that if someone has a real issue it will be readily apparent!