New Suncoast Fastpitch bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2018
Honestly, thats impossible...whoever told you that is just being silly. If all they did was put a silicone piece in, they
would have just taken every bat back, fixed it, and sent them back. Saved themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars.
If the handle was the issue...prob a whole new handle design.
Believe what u want but the added piece in the handle was the issue. Once a bat is deemed illegal I don't believe it can be made legal again. All the bats come from China so its probably just as cheap to replace the bat as to pay someone to change handles. I would doubt that suncoast even has the capabilities to change handles on bats.

Apr 17, 2019
Believe what u want but the added piece in the handle was the issue. Once a bat is deemed illegal I don't believe it can be made legal again. All the bats come from China so its probably just as cheap to replace the bat as to pay someone to change handles. I would doubt that suncoast even has the capabilities to change handles on bats.
I was told by someone who tested the replacement bat before they were sent to the public, that they said they had to take a little pop off the bat. So it wasn’t just a fix of the handle.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Worth did it years ago...so it can be done if its nothing big. I realize where bats are made, but An "easy" fix can be done in house if it was
only a piece added. Juno was all but prepared to put brand new handles in all their bats, and their bats are made in China. But usssa
admitted to the error and they didnt have to and they are a much smaller company. I dont think you know how big suncoast is.
Bats are just a blip on their revenue radar. They make revolutionary composite bike frames and all kinds of stuff made of composite.
So they def have the manpower and skill to replace a piece if need be. Bats are made in China only because production is so much cheaper.
Engineering of the bat is done in house. I absolutely believe they had to construct a whole new handle to keep
the bat from flexing as much to decrease pop or something along that line.
Ive talked to Lee and others at Suncoast when I had to send my inventory back to him, and just like their usssa bats that were banned...dont think
the exact reason or fix will ever be released to the public. You know what i got..."nothing is wrong with our bats"...hahahaha.
I guess all that matters is fp people got their replacements and if people are satisfied with the product.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023
While replacing a handle is likely something that could have been done, trying to see which bat at the point was or wasn’t legal for NFHS would have been a problem all across the country.

A redesign on whatever wasn’t compliant along with a complete new barrel color and font design/paint job removes all doubt of this being a completely different bat for college, high school, travel, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
While replacing a handle is likely something that could have been done, trying to see which bat at the point was or wasn’t legal for NFHS would have been a problem all across the country.

A redesign on whatever wasn’t compliant along with a complete new barrel color and font design/paint job removes all doubt of this being a completely different bat for college, high school, travel, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every suncoast backlash fp was banned so no decision...but yes, umps would have had to look for a restamp or whatever saying it was fixed. And we all know there are def parents that would have tried to sneak the bats into games

But my point was just that it wasnt just a little piece and boom, it was legal. Thats more of a marketing ploy to get parents to buy the new
bat because hey, its the same bat, we just had to add a little piece :D

Jul 31, 2019
Core, how did the bats get their stamp approval in the first place? Did they make a change after it was approved?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core, how did the bats get their stamp approval in the first place? Did they make a change after it was approved?
That is being kept very close behind Suncoast doors. There is some very shady stuff floating around but of course,
nothing admitted to. The associations do not release anything to the public about the tests and Suncoast doesnt have
to say anything other than the fact that they are "working to fix the problem" or "nothing was wrong with our bats when
we tested"...hahaha.

I know the common thought about their usssa slowpitch bats was that after testing, they used senior barrels instead of the
usssa barrels. Something was very weird as they burst on to the scene very fast with "hot" bats. The sad part is, Suncoast is still
keeping these usssa guys dangling with no help. They just keep saying they are appealing with usssa. Well, its been like over 6 months.
Those bats got banned before the fp bats. Meanwhile the bats arent worth anything and these guys paid good money for them.

What was wrong with the fp bats, who knows. It could have been a handle issue...maybe it was too flexible and made the bat exceed
batted ball speeds. Did they do something to the barrel afterwards, no idea. Did Suncoast knowingly do it...no idea. But they certainly
made new bats right away, which tells me they knew the bats were bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles