New respect for the knuckle ball...in search of the ball that breaks twice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2009
Hal knew a guy who had an uncle that sold a dog to a man that threw a one fingered knuckler with both the full windmill as well as submarine delivery. It broke 5 different directions before stopping in front of the plate and laughing at the batter as they flailed at it

Oct 19, 2009
I have a kid who can pitch a true knuckleball. The problem was she couldn't locate her fastball so when you got runners on base they could steal everytime because her knuckle took so long to get across the plate.

Have other pitchers that throw knuckles as off speed pitches but the have spin and don't dance.

Oct 22, 2009
The only time my DD ever hit me in the face was with her knuckleball.

Cost me $60 for an eye doctor appointment and a new pair of sunglasses.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
And with all its turning and slow rolling, it can also break upwards. But, how can that even be possible when a riseball cant ev en rise?? ;)

Dickey was last year's Cy Young award winner.

Apr 13, 2010
R. A. Dickey striking out Will Rhymes.

dickey-rhymes-hd.gif

Article discussing the pitch:

Dickey's Nasty Knuckleball

A major league catcher is closing his eyes while catching a pitch? WOW.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I remember when my older brother was trying to learn the knuckleball, After he hit me in the nose with it, my mom told him he couldn't throw it to me anymore.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hal knew a guy who had an uncle that sold a dog to a man that threw a one fingered knuckler with both the full windmill as well as submarine delivery. It broke 5 different directions before stopping in front of the plate and laughing at the batter as they flailed at it

Sadly for that dog, named Flamethrower, They had to put him down. He contracted Parvo, never shut, barking or whining all the time, couldnt control his bowels and was actually belching out his own feces at the end. And, OMG did he smell bad!

I felt really sorry for him. Told his owner how sorry I was for his loss. Owner said, "Dont worry about, glad to be rid of him. That was the dumbest and smellyest dog I ever heard of. He wasnt worth the cost of the 357 bullet to put him down, only good thing about him is he ate his own crap, cleaned up after himself".

Buried him on the property under an Oak tree. The tree died 2 weeks later.

Jun 13, 2012
It works fantastic with a fp softball motion. I threw one while pitching and still throw it while throwing bp for my dd's 12u team, just to see thier reaction when they see it dance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles