New Mako

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2012
DD had a Easton synergy speed the blue and white model SV4RB, we didn't know it was such a hot bat when we bought this on for our older DD about 5 yrs ago. Our younger DD started using it about 3 yrs ago and this last fall and spring starting clearing fences with it (2 weeks ago she cleared a 225' 12' high fence 14yr old) but we found a crack in the bat about a week ago, yes you would have thought the world was coming to a end.
She had tried a couple of different bats at a Utrip tournament when her bat was pulled, she didn't like them. We found a Mako on Ebay for 289.00 and free shipping, she was able to use it on Saturday and I got a call and she told me, " the bat works" she cleared a 200' fence. I hope this one last as long as her old one. I almost the same bat and i just might still if I can find one at the right price.

You can find the SRV4B new with a new UTrip stamp if you are patient and diligent about looking at all resources all the time.

My DD has two matching 4Bs and wouldn't trade them for the world. She has a Mako in the same size and it never leaves the gear room, let alone makes it into her bag.

Find her a new SRV4B!

Oct 27, 2009
My DD has both the Synergy Speed SRV4B(blue) which I found NIW this winter and the Mako which I bought last winter as well. I bought the SRV4B for her to use in the cold spring season because I have heard they are nearly indestructible and hot as heck. I had my DD use they SRV4B exclusively all spring and had great success with. She is a sophomore playing varsity for the second year and nearly .500 with 7 HR and 3 triples during the regular season. Once regionals rolled around she begged me to let her use the Mako. Now the Mako barely has any hits on it and I was concerned about her changing things up after the success she has had with the SRV4B and the Mako not broken-in and opened up yet. She was not taking no for an answer, so first at bat she nearly kills the pitcher with an absolute shot up the box. Second time up hits and absolute bomb way over the centerfield scoreboard. Third time up another blistering grounder back through the box. Next game first at bat 3-run homer that got out in a hurry about 250 ft. Next at bat nearly hits the pitcher again with a laser through the box. Needless to say I think she will be using the Mako as weather permits. First impressions every bit as hot as the SRV4B with very little if any break-in. Regionals she was 5-6 with 2 HR, 6RBI over two games. I think it's a keeper.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You forgot "missile" or "piss missile" would be acceptable...then you would have covered them all :)

Although a loss of a point for using "absolute" twice

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves