New Hitting Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2013
Sweet! Looks really good.

You have set a good example to follow.

Consider this an invitation to share how you made these tees, along with the items you purchased.

Again ... nice job!

Thank you for the compliments.Here is what I used in order from bottom to top

1 - 10" X 10" Piece of plywood
1 - 1" plumbing flange
4 - 1/2" wood screws
1 - 1" PVC coupler
1 - 18" piece of 1" PVC pipe
1 - 1 1/4" Rubber leg tip
1 - 20" piece of 1/2" PVC pipe
1 - 7" x 7" piece of rubber gasket material
Gorilla duct tape

I couldn't find 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" pvc pipe so that is why I went with the 1/2" pipe which I found in the electrical dept. at Home Depot.The gasket material was also hard to find so I used 1 1/2"Rubber roof flashing that I found in the roofing supply dept.I managed to get 4 pieces of 7" x 7" of rubber from the 1 big piece of roof flashing so I have extra if I ever need.
The beauty of it all is the PVC coupler because it allows me to unscrew the complete shaft of the tee and screw in the shorter tee that I made into the same base.Really lightens the load in my bag only having to pack 1 base but having 2 different lengths of tees.

May 8, 2012
Thank you for the compliments.Here is what I used in order from bottom to top

1 - 10" X 10" Piece of plywood
1 - 1" plumbing flange
4 - 1/2" wood screws
1 - 1" PVC coupler
1 - 18" piece of 1" PVC pipe
1 - 1 1/4" Rubber leg tip
1 - 20" piece of 1/2" PVC pipe
1 - 7" x 7" piece of rubber gasket material
Gorilla duct tape

I couldn't find 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" pvc pipe so that is why I went with the 1/2" pipe which I found in the electrical dept. at Home Depot.The gasket material was also hard to find so I used 1 1/2"Rubber roof flashing that I found in the roofing supply dept.I managed to get 4 pieces of 7" x 7" of rubber from the 1 big piece of roof flashing so I have extra if I ever need.
The beauty of it all is the PVC coupler because it allows me to unscrew the complete shaft of the tee and screw in the shorter tee that I made into the same base.Really lightens the load in my bag only having to pack 1 base but having 2 different lengths of tees.

Wow, I just got done making almost the exact same one! Here is mine:
image.jpg

I couldn't find the right sized rubber leg tips but I was lucky to find 1 inch and 3/4 inch pipes that fit snugly enough that I didn't need them. They were black plastic pipes at Lowes called poly repair pipes. I also wasn't real happy with the gasket material I originally used so I went looking for something else. I found a roll of rubber sheets that you use to line a tool box drawer on sale at Menards for cheap that seems to work well. Hopefully it holds up. All in, I think I kept it under $20.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles