New Glove for Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2011
I'm putting a new glove on my Christmas list. I haven't been that good this year but I'll give it a shot. I set a self imposed $200 limit for a good infielders glove that I can use when coaching and one that will last until my 11 year old goes off to college. I have been ogling the Nokonas and Insignias. What are you guys using or recommending?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I bought DD a Nokona. It was a really tough initial break in but it was worth it. Somebody absconded with my old glove so now I'm in the market as well. I haven't seen the new Insignias yet but I can tell you that the Nokona is an extremely high quality glove. That's what I'm looking at myself.

May 17, 2011
I am using a nokona bloodline. I love it. American made along with great craftsmanship. It took some effort to break in. I am looking at purchasing an akadema catchers mitt to catch for my daughter. If i had to replace my infield glove, I would look at the akadema patriot series(made in the usa).

Sep 19, 2011
Nokona

just look on d bay, there tons of them, used in very good shape, just b patience

or check on ballglovewarehouse.com they have several nokona CLASSIC walnut( style i like most) for like $170 delv.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Once you stop growing doesn't a glove last forever? I know I have had mine for 30 years, god I am getting old. $200 for something that will last the rest of your life seems cheap, bump your price up if you see something you like. :)

Sep 19, 2011
I just bought myself a closeout SSK from ballglovewarehouse. I guess you could buy 4 if you wanted to reach $200 ;-)

thing i like about ballglovewarehouse, u can get some good deals at timeon closeout, if u catch it right, i was able to buy my son a Nokona AMG1100 for like $79, since he a LHT :D:D:D, that glove will b well broken in by d time he able to use it, since he only 5

Dec 18, 2010
I know a Vinci dealer that will save you money off of list and a very gtg guy. Go to softball.com look-up casedog51 tell him I sent you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball